Maranatha Kidz is the children’s ministry of Maranatha Grace. We are a team of servants committed to ensuring peace of mind for parents and Gospel-centered care and teaching for children up through the 5th grade.
Our Purpose is to glorify God by…
- Guiding children to Christ and inspiring them to live God-centered lives
- Revealing the character and attributes of God and His plan for mankind
- Affirming the uniqueness & giftedness of each child as created in the image of God
- Creating significant, lasting relationships between children, teachers, & families
- Equipping children to see how the Bible speaks in practical ways to every area of life
We Believe that children are gifts from God, and God entrusts families with the awesome privilege and responsibility to love, protect, and instruct them. The home, therefore, is the frontline of ministry for our precious children.
But God also entrusts his church with the privilege and responsibility to love, protect, and instruct children. As a church, we see our role as that of helper – a group of people who come along side families to provide support and assistance. Through instruction, resources, prayer, and friendship, we want to help you train your child in godliness.
On Sundays we provide nursery care for children 9-36 months old, as well as graded classes for children 3 years old through the 5th grade. These classes focus on teaching God’s revealed truth through Scripture-based, age-appropriate lessons, singing, and fun activities that show Jesus to your child in a way he or she can understand.
Classes and nursery care begin immediately following the Worship in Song portion of our Worship Gathering and last until the end of the Worship Gathering.
One of Our Highest Priorities is security. We want to provide a safe and secure place for your children to learn and grow. This is why all our classes are staffed by trained individuals who have completed a thorough screening process. In addition to completing a detailed application, every children’s ministry applicant must also pass a standard background test. You can easily identify our children’s ministry servants by their MaranathaKidz badges.
Our Hope is to see the gospel transform the next generation. This is why we want to help you train your child in godliness – so that the next generation would come to know the glorious deeds of God, finding perfect joy in the love and forgiveness of Jesus Christ.
Let the little children come to me and do not hinder them, for to such belong the kingdom of heaven. - Matthew 19:14
Recommended Resources for Parents
Children’s Bibles and Bible Storybooks
- ESV Children’s Bible, English Standard Version, (Crossway, 2005).
- ESV Illustrated Family Bible, English Standard Version, (Crossway, 2008).
- The Jesus Storybook Bible by Sally Lloyd Jones, (Zondervan, 2007).
- The Gospel Story Bible by Marty Machowski, (New Growth Press, 2011).
- The Big Picture Story Bible by David Helm, (Crossway, 2010).
- The Biggest Story by Kevin DeYoung, (Crossway, 2015). NEW!
Catechisms—Simple Q&A about God and the Bible
- New City Catechism (The Gospel Coalition, 2012). FREE!
- My 1st Book of Questions and Answers by Carine MacKenzie, (Christian Focus, 2001).
- The Big Book of Questions and Answers by Sinclair Ferguson, (Christian Focus, 2005).
- Everything a Child Should Know about God by Kenneth Taylor, (10Publishing, 2015).
Basics of the Christian Faith
- Learn About God… Seven board books by Carine MacKenzie, (Christian Focus, 1999). Toddlers
- Our Home Is Like a Little Church by Lindsay Blair and Bobby Gilles (Christian Focus, 2010). Ages 2-6
- Sammy and His Shepherd: Seeing Jesus in Psalm 23 by Susan Hunt (Reformation Trust, 2008). Ages 2-6
- Everything a Child Should Know about God by Kenneth Taylor, (10Publishing, 2015). Ages 3-6 NEW!
- The Big Book of Questions and Answers about Jesus by Sinclair B. Ferguson (Christian Focus, 2008). Ages 5-7
- Big Truths for Young Hearts: Teaching and Learning the Greatness of God by Bruce Ware, (Crossway, 2009). Ages 6-12
- The Ology: Ancient Truths Ever New by Marty Machowski, (New Growth Press, 2015). Ages 6-12 NEW!
- Seeds Family Worship, Volumes 1-0 (Extreme Writers Music)
- Hide the Word: Scripture Memory Songs, Volumes 1-8, by Mark Altrogge (Forever Grateful Music).
- Awesome God by Sovereign Grace Kids (Sovereign Grace Music, 2004).
- Teach Me While My Heart is Tender by Judy Rogers (Judy Rogers, 1995).
- The Kingdom of Heaven is Like This (Rain for Roots, 2014).
- Give Them Grace: Dazzling Your Kids with the Love of Jesus by Elyse Fitzpatrick and Jessica Thompson, (Crossway, 2011).
- Shepherding a Child’s Heart by Tedd Tripp (Shepherd Press, 1995).
- Instructing a Child’s Heart by Tedd and Margy Tripp (Shepherd Press, 2008).
- Everyday Talk: Talking Freely and Naturally about God with Your Children by John A. Younts, (Shepherd Press, 2005).
- Gospel-Centered Family: Becoming the Parents God Wants You to Be by Tim Chester, (Good Book Company, 2009).
- 11 Reasons to Worship God With Your Family ARTICLE by Jason Helopoulos
- The What When and How of Family Worship ARTICLE by Jason Helopoulos
- Family Worship VIDEO (3 minutes)
- SojournKids Family Worship Guide BOOKLET by Rob Plummer and Jared Kennedy (PDF download).
- The Family Worship Book: A Resource Book for Family Devotions BOOK by Terry L. Johnson, (Christian Focus, 2003).